Good Evening Guys 🙂
As promised here is my baked spring roll recipe. They do taste like spring rolls but without all the fatty greasy bit. I do like spring rolls though whether baked or deep fried but I LOVE duck spring rolls, dipped in abit of sweet chilli sauce. I could eat them day in day out and I don’t think I would ever get bored. Infact talking about them is making me really want some, I haven’t had any in a good 6-8 months if not more. I may grab some from Tesco tomorrow 😛 and actually point them up as I have never done it before, have a Friday treat lol.
These spring rolls are a perfect and quick addition to a Chinese meal and at 1 PP each you can have a couple, they aren’t exactly small either. Give them a gooo!
Baked Spring Rolls
Pro Points Per Serving: 1
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
225g Lean Turkey Mince
1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
1/4 Cup Shredded Carrot
1/2 Cup Bean Sprouts
2 Spring Onions
2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander
1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 Teaspoons Ginger, Grated
1.5 Teaspoons Garlic
1 Teaspoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
1 Tablespoon Water
6 Sheets Filo Pastry, Cut In Half Width Ways To Make 12
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the turkey in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high until evenly browned.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, cabbage, carrot, spring onions, coriander, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and chilli sauce.
- Mix the cornflour with the water in a small bowl.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the turkey mixture about 2 inches down from the top of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the top of the mixture to make a sausage. The fold the 1 ends in to close off the ends and continue to roll. When you get to the end, brush the end of the pastry with the cornflour mixture then push together to join.
- Continue until your mixture is gone.
- Arrange on a baking tray and spray liberally with low fat cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, take it out, turn and then spray that side. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Then eat!
Don’t worry if your spring rolls look more like spring rectangles, mine did for the first few. You will get into the spring of things 😛 just keep going.
You could deep fry these if you wish but it would obviously put the points up a little bit. Its up to you how you want to cook them.
I will be popping up my Chinese Pepper Steak recipe tomorrow 😛 not what you might think it is.
Happy Cooking 😀