Hey Guys 🙂
Sorry I haven’t been posting every night, been hugely busy with a little project for work. Which took me pretty much most of the weekend and Friday night.
But I have still been doing my cooking event though there was a slight change in menu plan as I had friends over on the Saturday night.
Thursday’s food was lovely, I did have my reservations as the ingredients list wasn’t massively exciting, and the cooking method was beyond simple. BUT it did actually produce a rather lovely meal so I will be keeping this recipe handy as I nearly always have these ingredients in the house.
Spanish Chicken Bake
Pro Points Per Serving: 13
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
1 Red Onion, Cut Into 8 Wedges
1 Onion, Cut Intp 8 Wedges
500g New Potatoes, Quartered Lengthways
8 Whole Garlic Cloves, Unpeeled
8 Medium Tomatoes, Quartered
8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Green Pepper, Deseeded & Cut Into Strips
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / 180 degrees fan C / 400 defrees F / Gas Mark 6.
- Put the onions, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes in a large roasting tin and spray liberally with the low fat cooking spray then toss it all together with plenty of salt and pepper then roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, skin the chorizo and cut into 5mm rings. Put the chicken thighs on the board and carefully slash each one 2 or 3 times with a knife. Mix the paprika and oregano together and set aside.
- Take the roasting tin out of the oven and scatter over the chorizo, then toss everything again. Nestle the chicken in with vegetables and chorizo then sprinkle everything with the paprika and oregano. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven, tossing everything together again gently then tuck the pepper strips loosely around the chicken and veg. Put back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until the peppers are just softened and the chicken is golden and crisp.
Ok so that sounds like alot of taking in and out of the oven but actually its really really easy and creates an impressive result. And personally I think food that you only need to attend to every 20 minutes is a winner, not only that but its all cooked in 1 big pan so that’s even better!
It was lovely and hearty, warming too which is great when the weather is like it is 😛
Happy Cooking 😀