Good Evening Guys 🙂
And a huge hello to anybody that may be popping by to have a look for the first time and if your new to WW good luck and welcome.
I pointed up this recipe last week and it came out at 12 Pro Points including the noodles which I thought was pretty good. After making it and eating it tonight I KNOW it was pretty good, this was delicious, I made it for me and my mum who thought it was great. You would never know that this was a Weight Watchers friendly recipe, it tastes completely naughty and the portion size was pretty darn large.
One little thing I will mention though is, I used Sharwood’s Medium Egg Noodles to serve with mine which do actually come in 60g nests, so I popped in 4 nests which raised the Pro Points per serving up to 13 (this meal is totally worth that amount). Although as I did mention the serving size was LARGE so I think you could easily get away with using 3 nests of Noodles which would make the Pro Points per serving – 12!! It is up to you if you think the reduction is worth the 1 PP 🙂
Spicy Beef & Noodles
Pro Points Per Serving: 13 or 12 (See Above)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
1lb or 450g Extra Lean Minced Beef
2 Medium Onions, Chopped
2 Teaspoons Garlic, Crushed
1.5 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger, Grated
1 – 1.5 Teaspoons Chilli Flakes (To Your Taste)
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
1 Beef Stock Cube Dissolved In 3/4 Cup Of Water
1/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce ( 5 Tablespoons )
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 or 4 Nests Of Egg Noodles
2-3 Spring Onions, Sliced
- Put a large pot of water on to start to boil, this will be ready for your noodles then a little later on.
- In a large frying pan, brown the minced beef until it crumbles. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the sesame oil into the pan and heat until medium. Cook the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli until the onions are tender.
- Stir your corn flour into your soy sauce until smooth, if you need to add a little more water, go ahead. At this point also pop your noodles into the boiling water.
- Now add the stock, soy sauce/cornflour mix and your hoisin sauce into the onions.
- Bring the liquid mixture up to the boil stirring constantly. It will get to a lovely thick and syrupy like consistency.
- At this point stir in the minced beef and any juices that may be with it and stir to coat in the liquid. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst waiting, drain your noodles and divide between your bowls. Then serve your beef spooned over your cooked noodles and sprinkle with the sliced spring onion.
For me, all of the ingredients in this recipe are store cupboard staples so I know this will be a super quick recipe I will be using time and time again when I am stuck for ideas or haven’t got much time to get something together. If you are a fan of Chinese food this will definitely be a hit. Not only that but I will be popping up some other Chinese inspired dishes next week including a spring roll that is only 1 PP!! Bargain.
Hope everyone is on track and enjoying their week. I am soooo glad to be back in the zone and cant wait to jump on the scales again next Tuesday.
Happy Cooking 😀