I dont know if anybody who follows has been watching Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute meals but he has been putting up so amazing dishes in just 15 minutes, although for us everyday people it would be more like 45 minutes!
Well here is my 20 minute Greek Salad Omelette lol, its fresh and tasty and a small 8 Pro Points! It is extremely filling and lovely with a big green salad. I halve this recipe and make it serve 2, I also add a large handful of mushrooms to it which I know isn’t very Greek but is very tasty and bulks it out just a little more. It stays at 8 Pro Points even if the recipe is halved.
As the recipe before, this could be used as a weekend lunch or an evening meal it works well for both!
Greek Salad Omelette
Pro Points Per Serving: 8
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Handful Parsley, Chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, Sliced Or Cut Into Wedges
4 Tomatoes, Cut Into Wedges
Large Handful Pitted Black Olives
Handful Sliced Mushrooms (Optional)
100g Feta, Crumbled
- Heat your grill to high. WHisk your eggs in a large bowl along with the parsley and some seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick oven-safe frying pan. Place in the onions, tomatoes, olives and mushrooms if using. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they all begin to soften.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour in the egg mixture. Begin to cook the egg for about 2-3 minutes or until cooked at the edges and still runny in the middle.
- Scatter over the feta cheese then place the pan under the heated grill for about 5 minutes, until the omelette is golden and puffed up.
- Cut into 4 and serve hot with a crisp green salad.
As I mentioned above this recipe is easily halved, and tastes no different. This recipe is a little summery for this time of year but its nice to bring abit of sunshine into the kitchen. Its also extremely good for you and will keep you full for ages and at 8 Pro Points, even if it doesn’t you will have spare points for pudding. What’s not to love!
Happy Cooking 😀