If like me you are refusing to process the fact that it is 8:20pm and is pitch black already then you might like my summery slow cooker Pork Chops!
Alot of people seem to associate slow cookers with winter, as do I usually. BUT I have been trying to use mine alot more over the summer and the rest of the year as I think people tend to forget about them over the summer months and that’s abit mean to our poor slow cookers.
They are incredibly useful objects really and great if you are busy but a little organised 😛 I will be trying to utilize my slow cooker as much as possible over the winter that is rapidly encroaching!
For now though, here is my fresh and summery pork chop recipe to keep away those winter thoughts!
Tangy Tomato Pork Chops
Pro Points Per Serving: 7
You will also need to point your rice!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Hours
4 Pork Chops
2 Medium Onions, Chopped
2 Celery Sticks, Chopped
1 Green Pepper, Chopped
400g Chopped Tomatoes (1 Can)
125g Tomato Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Beef Stock Cube
2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
2 Tablespoons Water
- Salt and Pepper your pork chops.
- Add all of the ingredients apart from your corn flour and water to your slow cooker.
- Pop your pork chops into the slow cooker and nestle down into the liquid.
- Pop your lid on and cook on low for 5 1/2 Hours.
- After the 5 1/2 hours, mix together your corn flour and cold cold water in a pot until its smooth.
- Poor the corn flour liquid into your slow cooker and stir in.
- Pop your lid back on and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve over rice!
I used pork chops with bones in and then had to fish the bones out after cooking as the meat had fallen off the bones! I would advise using a loin chop or a cut that doesn’t have a bone in, although meat on the bone does have more flavour! So if you don’t mind bone fishing go for one with.
The fruity tang of this recipe is really nice and could be eaten in the summer or winter. Its a very very simple recipe with simple ingredients and VERY simple washing up. Give this one a try, I’m pretty sure you wont be disappointed!
Happy Cooking 😀