Good Evening Guys!!
I am still alive, I do feel like I havent been in touch for ages, which really I havent. I have been staying at my sisters 2/3 days a week and she has been doing the cooking so havent had anything to comment on. I am now back home and cooking again thank god. I really don’t feel on track when I am not cooking for myself, I dont enjoy it at all.
My weigh in this week was not as great as usual, only loosing 1/2 lb.
I was actually meant to drop from 29 points down to 28 last week but my leader and I talked it through and she said that whilst I was loosing weight still there was no need to drop. I am starting to think I may need to drop it though, I am going to try it again this week at 29 and see how it goes, if still not a very good loss I will drop it.
tonight’s tea was very tasty but I decided whilst eating it I would serve it a different way so that is what I am going to post here
Spicy Mexican Chicken With Rice
Pro Points Per Serving: 11
This includes your rice!!!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
2 Chicken Breasts, Skin Off
Low Fat Cooking Spray
3 Teaspoons Fajita Seasoning ( I Use Discovery Foods)
1 Red Pepper, Cut Into Chunks
100g Dried Rice
60g Extra Light Soft Cheese With Garlic & Herbs ( I Use Tesco’s Own)
Tortilla Chips To Serve (Optional)
- Start cooking your rice to its packet’s instructions.
- Cut your chicken into strips and toss with 2 teaspoons of the fajita seasoning.
- Spray a large frying pan with your low fat cooking spray and heat to medium/hot.
- Once your pan is hot add your chicken and cook until browned.
- Once browned add in your red pepper and cook until starting to soften.
- In a bowl mix together your soft cheese and remaining teaspoon of fajita seasoning.
- Add the soft cheese mixture to your chicken and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Half the rice and serve up onto 2 plates.
- Serve with the chicken mixture over your rice and tortilla chips if you wish.
If you would prefer to choose your own amount of rice, the points for the chicken mixture alone is 6 Pro Points.
This does have abit of a kick to it but nothing too overpowering. If you would prefer less heat I would recommend only adding 1 teaspoon of the seasoning to the chicken and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of seasoning to the soft cheese.
How was everybody’s weigh in this week? Any exciting news?