Ok so here is recipe No.3 from The Skinny Pages.
This is one of my favourite recipes, especially for a Sunday as I am not a huge fan of spending hours roasting things and heating up my house to an unbearable heat as our house is generally way too hot anyway. Althought this does involve an hours cooking in total so it still gets warm!
With this recipe I always feel like you are getting alot for your Pro Points and find this a very satisfying meal!
I dont tend to serve potatoes or anything with this meal as I dont like to put 2 “stodgy” things in one meal but alot of people would argue with me here so that is totally up to you! I just serve it with plenty of green beans and carrots or brocoli etc and gravy!
I always use Tesco Light Choices sausages for everything, I actually find them nicer than standard everyday sausages. Personally I dont think there is anyway you can tell they are low fat!
Toad In The Hole
Pro Points Per Serving:
Using WW Sausages Or Tesco Light Choices Cumberland Sausages – 7 Plus Gravy, Potatoes Etc
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
1 Red Onion, Cut Into Wedges
8 Thick Low-Fat Pork Sausages
Low Fat Cooking Spray
100g Plain Flour
1 Medium Egg
300ml Skimmed Milk
3 Teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
Carrots And Green Beans To Serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Separate the layers of the onions and lie flat onto a nonstick baking dish. I always use a rectangular one.
- Nestle the sausages in the onions then spray with the low fat cooking spray and roast for 20 minutes. Make sure you put 2 sausages per quarter of your baking tray!!
- Whilst they are roasting, make the batter. Sift the flour into a bowl or large jug, drop the egg in the center and beat in the milk a little at a time until it makes a smooth batter.
- Stir the mustard and thyme and season the batter.
- After the 20 minutes roasting, remove the ovenproof dish and pour the batter into the tin and return to the oven for a following 40 minutes. Before removing make sure the batter is risen and golden. Divide evenly into 4!
- Serve with veg of your choice and gravy!
This recipe is a BBC Good Food recipe which I havent altered at all other than the sausages being reduced fat.
Hope you like it 🙂